This post is also available in: Italiano (Italian)
The historical complex of San Girolamo comprises of a church and convent. This imposing structure is built around two courtyards, one of which borders directly on the adjacent Monastero di Santa Chiara. The reconstruction of the 15th century building began in 1753 based on a project by architect Giuseppe Tosi. It was consecrated in 1780. The complex was used as a prison for many years and today it houses a portion of the Universty of Urbino “Carlo Bo”.