FOUNTAIN OF POPE BENEDICT XIII

This post is also available in: itItaliano (Italian)

This fountain is almost directly opposite the entrance to Palazzo Albani. It was built in 1729 and dedicated to Pope Orsini, Benedetto XIII, by the inhabitants of Urbino, in recognition of the help the city received from him. The fountain lies beneath a decorative pediment with festoons and scrolls surrounding a central papal coat of arms.