This post is also available in: Italiano (Italian)
The gothic portal (made of locally excavated pietra del Furlo) and the coat of arms of Count Antonio da Montefeltro bear testimony to the fact that this building was the ancestral home of the Signori di Urbino. In 1466, Federico da Montefeltro passed it on to the Bonaventura Family. In 1834 the “Pontificia Università degli Studi di Urbino” purchased the palazzo and made further changes. The building was restructured and restored in the 1950s by architect Giancarlo De Carlo and became the headquarters of the University of Urbino “Carlo Bo”.