This post is also available in: Italiano (Italian)
Vincenzo Ghinelli carried out the project for the Theatre. The construction began in 1845, above the Spiral Ramp by Francesco di Giorgio Martini. It involved elevating the semi-circular, perimetral walls of the 15th century tower.The richly decorated theater has nineteen boxes on four levels. It was inaugurated in 1853 and salvaged and restored by architect Giancarlo De Carlo between 1970 and 1983, after it had lain abandoned for some time.